Friday, February 5, 2010

Grace Like Rain

It was a good day. Truly. A day of revelation and beauty. The gray sky and the misty rain made me feel so alive and so good... The air was cool and those nose pipe thangs...those breathin' thangs...were open more so than usual...and I felt like I was being brought back to life from some state of soul sleep...awakening for the first time in a thousand days to God's awesome majestic beauty. I could feel Him! He was holding my hand as I walked from the computer building at my school to Eagle Hall...and I must have been smiling funny, because when I said, "Hey" to every single person and "I'm having a great day!" and "It's so gorgeous outside!" they all looked at me like I was nuts (You're NUTS man.). I feel so loved and so special that the Lord should give me of all people such a good day and allow me to walk with Him like that... I want others to feel that. Others like me, who are so gross and sick and perverted in sin. They need this kind of day. We all need it, I think, all the time. We just need to try our best to stay awake.

And then in the art room during study hall I had a cool thought (that kind of thing always happens after an experience like that). See, first you feel it. Then you want that exact feeling again, you try to get it back... But you find that it's impossible. You just cannot re-obtain it. So you start to think about what just happened. And that's what I did. And this was basically it: How cool and creative is God to give us humans "degrees!" Not degrees in temperature, though those are certainly something... But degrees. Like "soft" and "softer," or "hard" and "harder." The cool misty rain was what made me think about this. Usually I think, "Gosh, I really don't like rain." But now I'm thinking, oh wait, it's not rain I don't like, it's just certain degrees of rain I don't particularly care for...like when it's pouring down like arrows. But when it's soft and misty...I love it. God is so amazing. That He thought of degrees...That he knew that this misty day would come and I would have that experience...millions of years before it even happened. How amazing! How glorious! How beautiful! How electrifying and good and indescribable! How scintillating!* There are no words capable of expressing fully how much I love Him. I really do love Him.

Hallelujah! Grace like rain falls down on me!
...And all my stains are washed away.

*-learned that word today! go look it up, it's freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment